Highly requested "Froggy"...
The Froggy Pose is a popular newborn photography pose that requires a high level of skill and expertise from experienced newborn photographers like Dani, the owner of DigitalMyst Photography in Land O Lakes, Florida. This pose is not only adorable but also requires extreme care to ensure the safety and comfort of the newborn baby involved.
The Froggy Pose gets its name from the way the baby's legs are positioned, resembling the posture of a frog. In this pose, the baby is typically placed on their stomach with their legs bent at the knees, so their feet are near their bottom, and their hands are positioned under their chin or cheek. The photographer must gently support and pose the baby's fragile limbs while ensuring that the baby is relaxed and not distressed during the process.
Here are some key points to consider when attempting the Froggy Pose:
- Safety First: The safety of the newborn is the top priority. Experienced photographers like Dani; owner of Tampa's DigitalMyst Photography has extensive knowledge of newborn safety, including how to handle and pose a baby safely. Dani never takes her hands full off the newborn and the final image 'look' is done in Adobe Photoshop.
- Patience and Experience: Achieving the Froggy Pose requires patience and experience. Newborns are unpredictable, and they may not always cooperate. Skilled photographers like Dani have the experience to soothe the baby, ensuring they are comfortable and calm throughout the session. Not every baby will do this pose so it's important to set expectations to parents on it being up to their baby.
- Props and Accessories: To enhance the pose, photographers may use props like soft blankets, wraps, and headbands to create a cohesive and visually appealing composition. These props are selected carefully to ensure they are safe and comfortable for the baby. This particular sage set is actually fabric hand cut from Hobby Lobby plus this adorable floral wrap sold on Amazon (link here).
- Lighting and Composition: Photographers like Dani will pay close attention to lighting and composition to create a beautifully balanced and aesthetically pleasing image. They may use natural light or studio lighting to achieve the desired effect. As for DigitalMyst Photography, we're a natural light business for newborn capturing!
- Post-Processing: After capturing the image, post-processing techniques may be used to enhance the final result, including color correction, skin smoothing, and background adjustments. Check out another before and after below of a sweet little boy to see how we work magic for final Tampa Newborn Photography gallery delivery!
Looking for a Tampa Newborn Photographer?
Consider Dani, owner and operator of DigitalMyst Photography Land O Lakes Florida. Specializing in newborns, children and families with over 13 years experience on hands on baby in-home newborn photography shoots. Book with us today by clicking contact us at the top right.